2020 AGM Standing Rules
RICHMOND JETS MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
Annual General Meeting
June 19, 2020
Meeting Standing Rules
The following Meeting Standing Rules are designed to facilitate the 2020 Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association and in particular to address the virtual nature of the meeting and to include Members in orderly discussion and to ensure courtesy and fairness for all.
- This Meeting will be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing and in accordance with the Societies Act and the By-Laws of the Association.
- This meeting is held for the purpose of discussing the business of the Association properly brought before an Annual General Meeting and will follow the Agenda circulated to the Members. Issues of a personal
nature will not be debated or considered.
- Only Members and invited guests will be entitled to attend the meeting.
- All Members will practice fairness, courteous and respectful communication at all times.
- Members who wish to ask a question may do so through the Q & A function available through Zoom. The Co-Chairs of the meeting will determine who among the Board is best suited to answer any question.
- Only one item, the immediately pending Agenda item and/or the matter under discussion will be considered at a time.
- Although everyone may ask up to two questions on the same matter, a question from a Member that has not yet posed a question will be given preference over a Member who has already asked a question.
- The Board will endeavour to answer as many questions as time permits but may not be able to answer every question and may opt not to answer a question that they believe has already been asked and answered.
- No Members’ proposals having been received by the Association in accordance with Section 81 of the Societies Act, only motions listed on the Agenda will be considered at the meeting.
Voting for the positions of President and Directors shall be conducted by a third party provider selected by the Board in accordance with Section 3.4 (c) of the Association’s By-laws
Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association
As one of the largest minor hockey associations in British Columbia, the Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association offers an integrated (boys and girls) minor hockey program from Initiation to Juvenile. Featuring both recreational ("C") and competitive ("A") streams, our programs operate out of the three different facilities in the City of Richmond: Richmond Ice Centre (RIC), Minoru Arenas (Stadium and Silver Rinks), Richmond Oval (North and South rinks).
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.