Resources for Managers
Becoming a Team Manager
To be rostered as a Team Manager you are required to do the following
- If you don't already have a profile in the Hockey Canada Registry, contact Tina O'Connor to create one for you.
- Complete a Get your Criminal Record Check (Access Code: RDXVQWH9CU). There is no charge for this request.
- Complete the BC Hockey online course, Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders. The cost of this course will be reimbursed.
- Complete the BC Hockey online course, Concussion Awareness Training Tool. There is no charge for this course.
Teams who wish to sell 50/50 or raffle tickets during their home games MUST apply for a Class D BC Gaming License.
Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association is NOT responsible for applying for the Gaming Licence. Board Members should NOT be listed as Responsible Persons. Managers/Parents/Coaches etc are responsible for BOTH the APPLICATION and the GAMING LICENCE REVENUE REPORT.
You will be required to fill in the GAMING LICENCE REVENUE REPORT. In order for you to fill in this form, you will need to track the dates and amounts of each draw.
Once you know your home ice times you can apply for the gaming licence. Please ensure that you have read the guidelines and standard procedures.
To apply, you’ll be required to submit:
- Completed online application form for a Class D Gaming Event Licence; and
- A non-refundable $10 processing fee, payable by credit card only over a secure Ministry of Finance payment system.
Information you’ll be required to put on your application includes:
- The full name and address of your group or organization and its general purpose
- The event location, date and time;
- Type of gaming event (raffle, bingo) and the amount of tickets/sales pricing and prize details; and
- How the net proceeds (funds) will be used to benefit the community, a specified third party, or the group or organization.
- Click the “Apply Online” link Type in your team name using the following format:
Association - Division - Team - Number - Name - Year
Example: RJMHA Peewee A1 Jets 2019-2020
Apparel and Teamwear
Official Jets apparel and team wear are available from Cyclone Taylor Sports and Real Hip Clothing.
The Board member responsible for apparel is Eric Bernal.
You may open your team bank account at any financial institution. Please make sure that two signatures are required for withdrawals. You will need to write our Treasurer, Madeleine Lau, and have him write a letter authorizing your specific team to open up a Richmond Jets team bank account, and stating who the two signatories will be on the account.
G&F (West Richmond) has a special offer for our teams.
Clinic and On-Line Course Registration
- Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
- Hockey Canada Safety Person
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool
Criminal Record Check
New eCRC service
Identity verification: In the new eCRC system, an applicant’s identity is verified using their BC Services Card. If the applicant is using the BC Services Card to access the online service for first time, they will be directed to activate their card by video or in person through Service BC. Please note if applicants choose to activate their card in person, a mobile device is still required (iPhone, iPad, or Android).
There is no charge associated with activating a BC Services Card and the criminal record check fee (if applicable) has not changed.
Get your Criminal Record Check
Access Code: RDXVQWH9CU
Being part of a team, disputes will arise. When these conflicts do arise, it is important to follow the dispute resolution process and ensure there is respectful and open communication.
Every effort should be made to resolve the conflict at the team level.
This season BC Hockey and PCAHA will continue to push forward with the full implementation of electronic gamesheets.
ePACT Network is an online emergency network. Users build networks of family, friends, and organizations, store and exchange information and access web and mobile communication tools for use in a crisis.
- BC Hockey has partnered with ePACT and they will work together to get all BC hockey players listed.
- If you are your families have questions about ePACT, please contact Tina O'Connor
- When you add affiliates or casual players to your roster, please ask Tina O'Connor to also add them to your ePACT group. This will ensure that your Safety Person has information for all rostered players.
- Families should be reminded that ePACT records can and should be updated at any time during the season (if an allergy is diagnosed or if a cell number changes, for example).
- Team Jerseys
- First aid kits
- goalie equipment
- hockey socks
- pucks, etc.
If you need to exchange or pick up extra hockey uniforms or equipment please contact our Equipment Manager
Hockey Canada Downloads
Hockey Canada offers a wide range of downloads regarding player safety, including:
- Hockey Canada Injury Report Form
- Hockey Canada Return to Play Form
- Speak Out & Bullying
- Safety Program Resources
- Saftey Forms
- Action & Information Bulletins
Our Ice Scheduler is Nadine Bayley. She is incharge of allocating ice to all the Richmond Jets teams. If you need to exchange, add, or cancel ice, please contact Nadine directly.
The Referee Scheduler for Atom and PeeWee is:
Bantam and above, all referee allocation is done by BC Hockey (except during your player evaluations at the start of the season).
Referee/Linesman Expense Allowances
Referee and linesmen expense allowances for all games within the PCAHA shall be in accordance with the following schedule:
|Division||3 Person System||2 Person System|
|U11 / Atom||$25.00/$18.00/$18.00||$25.00/$25.00|
|U13 / PeeWee||$32.00/$20.00/$20.00||$32.00/$32.00|
|U15 / Bantam||$42.00/$30.00/$30.00||$42.00/$42.00|
|U18 / Midget||$48.00/$33.00/$33.00||$48.00/$48.00|
|U21 / Juvenile||$55.00/$37.00/$37.00||$55.00/$55.00|
|Ice times of 2 hours and greater*||$10.00/$10.00/$10.00 (additional allowance)|
|Ice times of 2½ hours and greater*||$13.00/$13.00/$13.00 (additional allowance)|
*Applicable to the PeeWee, Bantam, Midget, and Juvenile divisions only.
No rates in excess of the above schedule shall be permitted (including all exhibition, league, playoff, and tournament/jamboree games).
Where fewer than the required number of on-ice officials appear for a game, those official(s) in attendance shall be paid a single referee’s expense allowance.
School Gym Bookings
To arrange for a school gym, please contact Tina O'Connor.
- The purpose of sanctioning a special event is to extend Hockey Canada Insurance Program coverage such as Major Medical / Dental Coverage to activities that do not fall under regular hockey programming.
- Special Event Sanctions are for events such as dryland training, fundraisers, and other activities outside of regular on-ice hockey programming.
- Please contact Tina O'Connor for assistance with a Special Sanction.
- For tournaments outside PCAHA but within BC, you will need to complete a PCAHA Interdistrict Travel / Exhibition Game Permission Request
- For tournaments outside of BC, you will need to complete an Out of Province and USA Hockey Tournament Travel and Exhibition Game Form
- Please note the Association address is PO Box 94488, Richmond, BC V6Y 2V6
- Bantam, Midget and Juvenile Tournament Permissions will be provided by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Novice, Atom and PeeWee Tournament Permissions will be provided by email@example.com
Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association
As one of the largest minor hockey associations in British Columbia, the Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association offers an integrated (boys and girls) minor hockey program from Initiation to Juvenile. Featuring both recreational ("C") and competitive ("A") streams, our programs operate out of the three different facilities in the City of Richmond: Richmond Ice Centre (RIC), Minoru Arenas (Stadium and Silver Rinks), Richmond Oval (North and South rinks).
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.