On behalf of the Salmon Festival Parade Organizing Committee, we would like to thank the following people for helping out to make this year’s community event another HUGE success. Not only did the Richmond Jets have the maximum number of 50+ attendees in the parade, but everyone’s hard work helped contribute to the many smiles we saw on so many faces – both in the crowd and on the float.
- Float assembly and disassembly team: Gary Turner Displays in Delta (Gord Kelleway)
- DJ Earl Da Pearl: What a party he put on. He had the 30,000+ parade watchers singing and dancing!
- Truck: Donated by Dave Bolton
- Professional Driver: Hanif Hamir
- Mascot: Socko from Richmond Sockeyes (Ryan Stewart)
- After Party at Homma: Pizza, drinks, chips organized by Ken Hamaguchi
- Freezie team: Church on Five Staff for donating their stand-up freezers to freeze ten coolers full of freezies (at least 5,000 of them!); to the many kids, parents, and volunteers who helped distribute the freezies to the salivating parade watchers; to Brayden Lingam for designing and building the cooler float
- All of the RJMHA members and friends who participated: You truly did an amazing job of ensuring that everyone was safe and all parade watchers got to see how great hockey players conduct themselves off the ice – a job well done!
For those players and parents who missed out in the FUN, there is always next year. Have a safe and relaxing summer.
The 2019 Salmon Festival Parade Organizing Committee