U9 (Novice Major)
- Boys and girls born in 2012
- Three ice times per week plus "away games"
- Includes one session per week with a skill development coach
- One practice per week led by parent volunteer coaches
- Transition to full-ice games begins February 1
- Game jerseys are loaned by the Association; families will be asked for a deposit cheque
- $650 Registration Fee
- $100 Jersey Deposit
- There will be a team fee which will include the cost of tournaments, on-ice officials (referees and linesmen) for Home games and miscellaneous expenses
- All families will be required to contribute volunteer hours to the association
- Our Hockey 4 teams participate in the Richmond Ice Centre Tournament and other tournaments; there is a team fee that includes tournaments and the cost of on-ice officials
- Financial Assistance Information
Goals for the U9 Age Category
- Reviewing of basic skills
- Refining of basic skills
Recommended U9 Program Practice Time Allotment
- 75% Technical skills
- 15% Individual tactics
- 10% Team tactics
- 0% Team play
- 0% Strategy
- Hockey Canada U9 Program Information
*Please note, you will experience ice cancellations due to tournaments and other events that are scheduled at the arenas. This is normal and factored into our pricing.
Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association
As one of the largest minor hockey associations in British Columbia, the Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association offers an integrated (boys and girls) minor hockey program from Initiation to Juvenile. Featuring both recreational ("C") and competitive ("A") streams, our programs operate out of the three different facilities in the City of Richmond: Richmond Ice Centre (RIC), Minoru Arenas (Stadium and Silver Rinks), Richmond Oval (North and South rinks).
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.