Hockey Canada's Fair Play Code for Parents is included in the Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association registration package. All member families are required to abide by this code.
1) I will not force my child to participate in hockey.
2) I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
3) I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
4) I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game.
5) I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
6) I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
7) I will remember that children learn best by example.
8) I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
9) I will never question the officials’ judgement or honesty in public.
10) I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s hockey games.
11) I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to coach hockey for my child.
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Atom/Peewee Spring Classic
Richmond Ice Centre
Join us for this very popular tournament.